We’ve got various news for you in this update, but overall it’s been another uneventful season, which I guess is a good thing?
– It’s the park’s 30th anniversary this year, the flower bed by the entrance has been updated to suit.
– Recession? What recession? The park has been so busy they are on track for 2 million visitors by the end of the season which is quite an achievement considering the current economic climate. It’s now obvious more than ever that people are taking day trips rather than short breaks.
– As the park is doing so well, expect another MTDP to be released soon. There are talks of another major coaster in 2011 to repeat the success of Saw – The Ride.
– The path on the Fleet Lake side of the dome has been smartened up and reopened. With Lost City accessible on the other side, this has reduced traffic congestion at peak times in the dome which was getting a little out of control. The education centre has now moved to the building next to the dome that previously housed a maintenance workshop. It is likely that the entrance area will get a complete upgrade to handle the increasing number of guests in the coming seasons.
– We’ve heard that February Half Term Thrill Chill may not be returning next year.
Lastly I’ll leave you with THORPE PARK’S current marketing campaign featured on their YouTube page; Hardcore Rollercoaster. I’m not really sure what the park are getting at with this video
UK Theme Parks from another point of view!
SouthParks is the theme park enthusiast community for thrill seekers in the south of England – brought to you by the team at TowersTimes, bringing you all the latest news and development from the southern Merlin Parks.
The TowersTimes and SouthParks Forum is the beating heart of the TowersTimes and SouthParks community. With thousands of active users, our free to join forum is the best place on the internet to share your thoughts and memories of the Alton Towers Resort, Thorpe Park Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, and Legoland Windsor Resort.